Descending Shadows: Entrapped



I picked up my sword and joined Nolan and Leslie in the battle. We cut down many of the monsters, but the potency of the chemical began to wear off the longer we fought. Soon after, they weren’t turning into ash anymore. Arabella teleported their severed body parts so that they wouldn’t be able to regenerate.

“Arabella, can you teleport us home?”

“I’m not sure, Moon, but I’ll try. It’s as if this planet itself is dampening my powers.”

That seemed to be the case ever since we teleported out of our world. I wondered what exactly was going on. Nevertheless, we needed a contingency plan, so I asked the twins if their parents had an office or lab in the house. They nodded and led me to a hidden room in the basement. There, I found some files and journals containing information about the compound. However, it was all written in their native language, so I took it to Arabella to see if she could decipher it. By the time I went upstairs, all the monsters that had arrived at the time were slain, and Leslie and Nolan were sitting on the floor, catching their breath.

“Wow, that was fast.”

“Yeah, but we won’t stand a chance if another horde arrives,” Nolan replied.

“Arabella, can you translate this?” I asked, handing her the documents.

She nodded and chanted a spell, quickly flipping the pages with her magic. It was as if she was taking all that information in one go. And by the time the final file closed, her eyes were welled with tears.

“This is awful…” she said, sobbing.

“What? What does it say?”

“That was a lot to take in, but all this tells us the entire story of what happened here. This planet is called Murania, and those monsters are from Nazragadh. They had invaded this planet to use its residents in their slave trade. Those who had attempted to revolt were hunted down and killed.”

“That’s horrible.”

“Yes… These kids’ parents, Sorzana and Diorral, had experimented a lot with various toxic chemicals before they discovered the compound that was fatal to the Nazragadhs. But it seems they were killed before they could even test it on the invaders.”

Arabella and I then went to the lab and got started on making more of the chemical that the deceased chemists called ‘Canamazdh’. We were lucky to have her with us; she was not just a powerful witch, but also an expert chemist. It took some time, but we were successful. Once done, we went with a different approach than what we used before; this time, Arabella fused it into our blades with magic itself. There was even some left that we poured them into bottles.

With our weapons now upgraded, everyone decided it was best to leave the hideout. As we journeyed through the forest, we encountered many Nazragadhs; but we slashed and stabbed our way through, until we came across a large mansion. The twins said it was the Presidential Palace of their country. We decided to take refuge there, but luck was not on our side as countless monsters began to pour out from it.

We fought long and hard, but victory seemed out of our reach. And it was right then that I suddenly heard the twins’ screams. I turned around to find one of the monsters grabbing them. I tried to attack it, but it held them before me, threatening their lives with its claws. It yelled in its native tongue, trying to intimidate me into backing off. The twins were terrified—I couldn’t let them be taken or hurt.

‘Damn it! What do I have to do?’

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Descending Shadows: Shelter

Descending Shadows: Invasion

A Summoned Date