Bonds Undone: Truth Be Barred



During that time, new evidence against the defendant came to light; Anderson had hired a private investigator to keep tabs on his wife.

The PI, Samuel Martin, said in court that Jane Anderson had been regularly meeting up with a younger man, and that he had given the information to her husband a week before she was murdered.

“Did you provide him with any proof?” Ferdinanz asked.

“Yes, I gave him photographs of the two together,” the PI replied.

“Were there any compromising photos, and do you have any copies with you?” the prosecutor inquired.

“No, as far as I found out, they were only meeting for lunch,” he replied; “and yes, I do have some copies back at my apartment.”

“I see. Well, she was a businesswoman, so it could have been one of her associates, right?” Ferdinanz asked.

“Maybe, I don't know,” Martin replied.

“He's lying! I don't know this man; I never hired him!” Cyril Anderson yelled.

“Order, order in the court,” the judge said.

“Excuse me, your honour, but I think there has been a mistake,” Martin said.

“What do you mean by that?” the judge asked, confused.

“Is that supposed to be Mr. Anderson?” he asked.

“What? How can you not know who he is if he’s the one who hired you?” the judge asked.

“Your honour, the Cyril Anderson who hired me was someone else,” Martin said, looking puzzled as he looked away.

But, right then, he pointed his finger and said, “Wait, that’s the man who hired me.”

It was Darrell Frazer that he was pointing at.
“What? No, you're lying! Your honour, this is a trick; I didn't hire that man—I don't even know him!” Frazer shouted.

“Looks like you were planning to frame your friend, weren’t you, Mr. Frazer?” Ferdinanz asked.

“No, your honour, I’m the one being framed here! I didn’t do any of this!” Frazer replied.

“Your honour, in light of the new evidence, I request the charges against my client be dismissed, and that Mr. Frazer be arrested over the murder of Jane Anderson,” the prosecutor said.

The judge agreed and ordered Frazer’s arrest.

“No, I’m innocent!” Frazer yelled as he was taken away.

Cyril Anderson walked out of court with a smile on his face. A few minutes later, his phone rang.

“I did my part, now it's your turn,” the voice on the other end said.

“Sure, meet me at the park,” Anderson replied.

Martin was at the park when Anderson arrived. He handed him an envelope and said, “It's all there, as promised.”

“It was great doing business with you, Mr. Anderson,” Martin said.

“Likewise, Mr. Martin,” he replied with a smile, “However, if you are to speak of this to anyone, the next murder case heard in court just might be yours.”

After a brief yet tense pause, they both walked away.
---End---

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Descending Shadows: Shelter

Descending Shadows: Invasion

A Summoned Date