Descending Shadows: Demonic Transformation



‘Nolan, but how?’ I asked myself.

He almost grabbed me, but I jumped aside.

“Nolan, it's me, Moon! We've known each other since we were kids; that's your sister, Leslie!”

I was confused. ‘How did this happen? Perhaps it’s the venom? Maybe he still has some in his system. If so, then I could be next!’ I thought.

I dodged him each time he came for me and then toppled a cupboard on him. I quickly grabbed some Rozium chains from my from the cupboard beside it and chained him to it. I once saw my mum use them on someone who was acting similarly as well.

I rushed to the kitchen and prepared the antidote I remember my mother used at the time. I shoved the drink down his throat with Leslie’s help. Everyone else was watching from a distance as it all unfolded.

Within seconds of ingesting the antidote, Nolan went unconscious. I then told Leslie to keep an eye on him and went and made some more for myself. My vision blurred as my head grew heavy; I passed out in seconds.

By the time I woke up, Nolan’s body had reverted back for the most part. His limbs were still a little abnormally long and muscular, but his skin tone was that of his true self. I guess I was fine quicker than him because I had not transformed into a Serpian.

He opened his eyes and screamed in agony, startling us. His limbs began to revert to their former form. It was painful for us to watch him go through that ordeal, but we were relieved to see him smile through his panting when it was over.

Leslie and I covered him with a sheet and took him to his bed.

“Thanks, Moon...I don't know what would have happened if you weren’t here,” Leslie said, holding my hand.

“You're welcome.”

I then asked everyone else if they had been bitten or scratched by the Serpians. Everyone was safe. But then Leslie noticed that she had a scratch on her hand from the encounter with Nolan, so I gave her the antidote as well.

After she regained consciousness, I taught her and everyone else how to make the antidote. We filled more vials of it and also kept some syringes with us in case ingestion was not an option.
Some of the children suddenly began to scream. More demons were at our doorstep. They couldn’t break through the doors or windows as they were laced with Zavaryan salt, so they jumped onto the roof.

“This is bad. Leslie, you take everyone to the panic room and meet me here. I’ll get the gear.”

“Wait, I want to fight, too,” of the people said. 

“Me, too,” another replied.

“Alright, those who wish to make a stand, come with me.”

I took them to the armoury and handed them the weapons while Leslie took the others to the panic room. Nolan then walked into the panic room as well. “Let me fight, too.”

“Are you sure, Nolan?” I asked.

“More than anything. Those monsters almost had me kill you and Leslie… I want to slaughter them all.”

We rushed back to the living room, when a Serpian came crashing through the roof, inches away from Nolan and me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Descending Shadows: Shelter

Descending Shadows: Invasion

A Summoned Date