Descending Shadows: A Short Victory



We rushed over to find out that the police officers had already turned into Serpians. They had broken loose and were attacking the two people who were watching them.

We snuck up from behind and injected them with the antidote immediately. They then turned around, trying to slash us with their claws, but we quickly stepped back, avoiding them. The Serpians tried to attack us once more, but fell to their knees in agony as the drug took effect.

But that wasn’t all; our two watchmen were also beginning to feel pain.

“Hurry up, Nolan!” I said as I cut open their wounds to let the venom out.

Not wanting to waste any time, we made them swallow the antidote. They passed out, cursing under their breaths, more about how bad the potion tasted than the wounds inflicted by the Serpians. Nolan and I then walked over to the cops, who were just beginning to open their eyes.

“Sorry we attacked you, and thanks for saving our lives. We owe you a big debt,” officer Mahone said.

“Yes, thank you very much,” officer Keith said.

“Don’t mention it. We’re just glad you guys are alright,” I said.

Right then, there was a knock on the door. I opened the door to find Leslie and Arabella standing before me.

“You left us on the pavement. We had to find our way back here, alone,” Leslie said.

“It was Moon’s idea, sis!” Nolan yelled from behind me, smirking.

“Oh, was it now, you coward?” I replied, making him laugh.

“I’m sorry, Leslie, Arabella, but we had to save the two cops you two had attacked since they were close to turning.” 

“Yeah, Moon’s right. Stop being a baby, Leslie,” Nolan said.

She then punched him in the stomach, and I couldn’t help but chuckle.

“Guys, stop acting like children,” said Arabella.

“Yes, save that energy to rebuild the city,” Mahone said.

“Yeah, but maybe tomorrow. I need a nap,” Keith said.

“A day? Make it a month. I could really use a long vacation right now,” said Nolan.

“A vacation? Where are we going?” Jason asked as he hugged me.

“I don’t know about the vacation, but right now, you’re going to bed,” I said, lifting him up.

I had just taken one step when a sudden explosion startled me. And before I knew it, we were in another dimension.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Descending Shadows: Shelter

Descending Shadows: Invasion

A Summoned Date