Descending Shadows: The Witch-Hunt




“What's happening? Where are we?” Leslie asked.

Everyone was confused, and the children were crying.

It was an open area surrounded by trees. It looked like a park, but there were no benches.

Jason was amazed by the change in scenery. “This is awesome,” he said.

“Come here,” I said, grabbing his hand; I didn’t want him wandering off in this strange land.

I thought it was all over when we killed the Serpians and brought Leslie and Arabella back home, but it was merely wishful thinking.

“You seem so calm, Moon. Do you know where we are?” Officer Keith asked.

“No, I don't. I’m just remaining calm because someone has to; freaking out will get us nowhere,” I replied. “I don’t think we’re on earth, but I can be sure that we’re not in the Serpian World.”

“Moon, what’s happening?” Leslie asked as she approached me with Nolan.

“I don’t know, but we should ask Arabella.”

We turned to Arabella, and found her sitting on the floor with her hands on her head.

“Arabella, what’s wrong?”

She rose to her feet and pointed at some statues at a distance from us. “We’re on earth, Moon. The question wasn’t ‘where are we’, but ‘in which year’?”

“What? ‘Which year’?”

I looked ahead and noticed the statues; there seemed like ones from the Middle Ages.

“Oh, no…” Nolan said.

“How is this even possible?” Leslie asked.

“Who are you, and what are you wearing?” came a voice from behind. It was a man from that timeline.

“What are these garments? I have never seen anything like this.”

He then noticed Arabella and was shocked.

“Witch! How are you still alive? We burnt you at the stake a week ago!” he yelled, backing away slowly.

“Sir, that’s my friend Arabella. She’s not a witch,” I said.

“Arabella? Her name’s Christina, and we executed her! You all must be witches!” he said, running away.

“This isn’t good,” Nolan said.

“Witches! There are witches near the woods!” the man yelled as he ran to the nearby village.

“We need to leave!” I said.

People in the village began to band together and come towards us as we hurried away from the scene.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Descending Shadows: Shelter

Descending Shadows: Invasion

A Summoned Date