A Haunted Wedding



I was attending my best friend Dana’s wedding reception at a hotel when suddenly, I was overcome with an inexplicable eerie feeling, as if someone was watching me. I looked around; no one stood out as threatening. The hall itself was so large that I could barely see its corners with the crowd. It was a 17-century castle that was turned into a hotel recently. I heard that the last king who lived here was killed by the queen and her paramour. There were only a couple of paintings of the two of them still put on display in the hotel.


The night was as lively as it could be, but it was not long before the eeriness escalated into something more sinister. The cutlery began to fly off the tables and the furniture began to slide across the floor. Panic sank into the crowd, and soon, people were scurrying to escape the room. I usually wouldn’t draw attention to myself, but this time, I had no choice. I chanted a spell and began to take control of the cutlery and furniture that were out of control. Based on the chaotic nature of what was happening, I was most likely dealing with a ghost.


I asked everyone to leave while they could as I felt the ghost fight back to take control of the objects in the room. I stood my ground as the room quickly emptied and sealed the doors shut the second the last guest managed to escape. I released my grip on the objects in the room and chanted a new spell to reveal the ghost while erecting a barrier around myself for protection. A minute passed before I finally summoned the ghost before me, and I was dumbfounded the second I saw him: it was the last king of the castle.


“I’ll kill you, witch!” the ghost said. He tried to push me back, but I held my ground.


“You need to stop. You’re hurting innocent people.”


“I’m doing them a favour. People always betray one another!”


I tried to reason with the late king, but my attempts were to no avail. A tug-o’-war ensued as we fought to gain control over the other. Winds picked up speed around us, swirling furiously to form a vortex as all the furniture and cutlery was once again swept away, many of them crashing into the walls and cracking the floor all over. I made sure the king’s attention was always on me whilst I devised my true plan in the background. Distracting him with blasts of energy, I lured him into my trap. Before he knew it, he was standing under a sigil I had carved into the ceiling while our tug-o’-war waged on.


The late king cursed me as a surge of red light spiralled down and engulfed him in seconds; and as the red pillar disappeared from sight, I finally released the seal on the exits, falling to the floor as my vision grew blurry. I saw faint silhouettes approach me as the world around me turned into a haze. Two hours passed before I woke up in a hospital bed. Dana and her husband Alex, along with a few other mutual friends, were there to greet me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Descending Shadows: Shelter

Descending Shadows: Invasion

Descending Shadows: Breakout