Descending Shadows: Defeated



With one final swing of my blade, I fell to the ground; and Nolan soon followed me as well as he lost the grip on his sword. I felt as if I had broken my promise and let everyone down, especially my little brother, whom I promised to always get back to.

‘With myself, and the two people I trust the most to be Jason's guardians, stuck here, who would be there for him?’ I wondered as I lay on the ground. I had never felt so defeated in my life.

Some of the Serpians neared us, but came to a halt as they smelled the Zavaryan salt on our bodies. They growled in anger, realising that they couldn't touch us. One of them tried to pick up Nolan’s sword, but was instantly incinerated as even the hilts were infused with the Salt.

With nothing to do, the Serpians left us laying there and retreated. But I could see from the corner of my eye that a couple of them were keeping watch from the distance. After some time had passed, Nolan and I noticed that the Serpians watching us were asleep.

We quickly got to our feet, approached the demons, and slew them. We found Leslie and Arabella not far from there, but they were both unconscious, with puncture wounds on their shoulders.

“Leslie!” Nolan yelled, grabbing her.

“Shh! Don’t draw attention to us. There could be more of them lurking about,” I whispered.

“Alright, sorry. But now what?” he asked.

“Let’s grab them both and make a run for it.”

We opened a new portal and passed through it, but we were followed by another group of Serpians.

Nolan fought them while I chanted the spell to close the portal. Once it was closed, we both cut down what was left of their group.

“Well, no more Serpians for us,” I said, sighing in relief.

“You may have spoken too soon,” replied Nolan as he looked behind us.

Leslie and Arabella transformed into demons before our eyes.

I shook my head. “Not again…”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Descending Shadows: Shelter

Descending Shadows: Invasion

A Summoned Date