The Demon Hunt




A demon that was after me attacked me and my 11th Grade students while we were on a trip in the woods. I asked my students to run away, but one of them, Miles, stayed behind saying he wanted to help.


“Go, Miles! I can take care of myself!” I said, but it was too late. The demon stopped its attack on me and appeared before him.


“You should have listened to her, boy,” it said, attacking him with a mass of dark energy and hurling him into the lake that was nearby.


I ten attacked the demon head-on, and we battled for another five minutes in a tempest of magical energy until I finally cut it down. I set the demon ablaze as it fell to the floor and reduced it to nothing but ashes. Immediately after the battle ended, I dove into the lake and brought Miles back to the surface. I performed a spell to revive him and, after several minutes of trying, my efforts finally paid off. Miles was alive.


I hid the charred remains of the demon and altered the memories of my students afterwards, including those of Miles; it was better that they didn’t know anything about the world of witches and demons. I had to do the same to the police as well since one of my students had called them. As far as everyone knew, I was attacked by a madman and Miles stepped in to help. I told them that the man had pushed Miles into the lake and escaped because he couldn’t overpower the both of us.


A week passed by without any supernatural activity in my neighbourhood, but before I knew it, bodies were showing up in different parts of the town. All the victims were young people in their 20s, and all their bodies had no signs of foul play. The police couldn’t figure out what was going on, but I knew a demon was in town. I decided to look into the murders and started visiting the crime scenes at night. The bodies kept piling up over the coming day, and I was nowhere close to finding the demon.


However, one night, while I was visiting the latest crime scene, I noticed a silhouette nearby. I pursued it into a dark alley and was stupefied to find out the identity of the mysterious figure: it was Miles. Miles stepped forward with an eerie smile on his face, but remained quiet.


“Miles, what are you doing here?”


“Miles isn’t here anymore,” he replied, expelling a sudden mass of dark energy out of his body that began to swirl around him.


I performed a spell to look into Miles’ body and it was true: the only soul I saw inside was the demon’s—and it was the same demon from before. It had abandoned its physical body and transferred its soul into Miles’ body just before I burned it. The demon and I met in battle once again, but that time, I made sure it could not escape. I formed a barrier around us and hurled one attack after another at it, barely giving it any room to counter. The demon still persisted, and even tried to engulf us both in flames, but I overpowered its magic and redirected all its flames back at it, finally finishing what I had intended to do before. The demon was finally gone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Descending Shadows: Shelter

Descending Shadows: Invasion

A Summoned Date